The Association of Croatian American Professionals (with Vice-President Dr. Steven Zivko Pavletić) co-hosted its first conference on June 2, 2015, held at Škola narodnog zdravlja “Andrija Štampar”, in Zagreb. The event was co-hosted with Hrvatska Ura and the Center for Inquiry – Croatia. The theme of the conference was, Is there a scientific and professional diaspora role in the development of Croatia?
Listen to coverage from HRT Radio program:
The next day, Daria Krstičević, head of the National Office for Croats outside the Republic of Croatian held a meeting with prominent Croatian scientists prof. Dr. Pavletić, Vice President and one of the founders of the Association of Croatian-American Professionals, Ph.D. Slobodan Danko Bosanac, president of the Center for the Advancement of Science and the critical thinking and the leaders of the Croatian Office Swiss Space Systems, and Helena Skračić, head subsidiary Hura in Croatia. More information can be found here.
Uvodno slovo: Helena Skračić (HURA Zagreb)
1. Prof. dr. sc. Slobodan Bosanac CFI i dijaspora u projektu Hrvatskog svemirskog centra
2. Prof. dr. sc. Aleks Bjeliš Temeljna istraživanja u RH; aktualno stanje, međunarodni položaj i perspektive
3. Prof. dr. sc. Dubravko Babić Znanstvena i profesionalna diaspora: ključni čimbenici za razvoj RH
4. Prof. dr. Steven Pavletić, MD Hrvatska dijaspora u Washingtonu i ACAP
5. Diskusija (gosti dr.sc. Tome Antičić i predstavnik Nacionalne zaklade za znanost)